If your dentist has suggested dental veneers to correct certain cosmetic issues with your smile, it is normal to be curious about the details of the treatment. Some people are satisfied with their smile regardless of imperfections, while some people are sensitive to minor stains, uneven spaces or chips. People who are displeased with their smile…
Dental Veneers Fast Facts That You Should Know
Before you get dental veneers, you may be interested in learning more about this great dental service. When it comes to covering flaws, veneers are a wonderful product that creates amazing results. You will be impressed with how much better your teeth will look once you have your veneers placed. Veneers can cover many dental flaws with minimal effort. For a few more important and quick facts about them, continue reading.
- A veneer is a very thin, normally porcelain shell that is adhered to the fronts of your teeth to cover flaws.
- Dental veneers can cover and improve shaping and contouring issues, discoloration or spotting, chips or gaps, misaligned or crooked teeth, awkward lengths, and a variety of other imperfections.
- Veneers are normally made of porcelain or composite materials depending on your specific needs.
- Before your veneers are placed, we will gently etch the surface enamel of your teeth to create a better base for the adhesive. Once your enamel is prepared, we will adhere temporary veneers while your new ones are created in the lab. Once ready, the dental veneers will be bonded to your teeth with a long-lasting dental glue.
- Veneers normally last 15-20 years, sometimes longer. This length will range depending how well you care for your veneers and your surrounding gums and teeth.
- They can be easily replaced if they become damaged or worn.
- Dental veneers can be placed in as little as one dental visit or as many as three visits depending on what type of veneers you choose.
- Before we can place your veneers, you will need to have a dental check up and allow us to fix any cavities and remove any dangerous infections.
- The veneers placement is a minimally invasive and highly effective cosmetic solution.
- You should not get veneers if your teeth are still developing or if you are suffering from ongoing periodontal disease.
- Dental veneers are customized to fit only your teeth and improve the exact flaws you discuss with us.
- Veneers are very natural looking and not easily scratched, stained, or damaged.
- The veneers procedure is not reversible unless you plan to have another cosmetic or restorative procedure completed to cover your vulnerable teeth due to the removal of enamel before veneers are placed.
- Regular flossing and brushing can be done once your veneers are placed. No extra care outside of the avoidance of biting your fingernails or grinding your teeth is required.
- Normally local anesthetic application is all the pain relief that is needed for a veneers placement. You will not experience discomfort during the procedure.
- The cost range of veneers varies depending on the location of treatment and severity of dental imperfections.
- Dental veneers from our office should blend in perfectly with your other teeth.
Now that you have learned some fast facts about how convenient, efficient, and affordable veneers are, we hope you consider visiting our office to learn more. The benefits of dental veneers are endless, and the results are attractive and natural looking. For all your dental veneer needs, we can help.
Visiting a veneers dentist can change the entire appearance of your teeth for the better. If you have any misalignment issues, staining, or cracks, we can help transform your smile with the use of veneers. When you are preparing for a visit to our dentist office, we will go over the guidelines the patient needs…
Dental veneers have made their mark on the world of cosmetic dentistry by providing patients with a great way to replace tooth enamel that has become damaged, discolored, or otherwise unattractive. For many people, this is a long-term solution since the veneer will be cemented in place and hence is not something that can be…
Wondering if cosmetic dentistry is for you? It is if you are not completely happy with the way you look when you smile. There are a variety of cosmetic options available nowadays that you can choose from, which although is great, can make it difficult for you to choose the ones that are right for…